Sunday 15 January 2012

Going to Coimbatoer in India - CSC program


I will be deployed in India from 10 February 2012 as a member of Co-operate Service Corps(CSC).

What is CSC?
“business version of the Peace Corps,” addresses the 21st century context for doing business - emerging markets, diverse cultures, global teaming, complex policy environments, cross functional collaboration and increasing corporate responsibility expectations.

I just received a news that I am assigned for a Sankara project, working for Sankara Eye Care Institutions in Coimbatore. It is among the largest and the fastest growing Community Eye Care institutions in India (and the world). The Institutions provide comprehensive FREE eye care to the RURAL POOR throughout India. My task is implementation and project roll-out of knowledge management portal designed by 1st Coimbatore CSC team.

I look forward to make a difference in the world, not only to present my skills to solve the problems, but also to learn and experience the different culture, be part of local Indian community team.

I believe that CSC program brings a positive feel to the world and not only in the areas where the program is helping. It makes a difference also to the people doing the day to day work in the office as it inspires and motivates us. I will write more once I reach Coimbatore.

#ibmcsc

No comments:

Post a Comment